Watercolor Nails Tutorial with Gold Round Studs
Hi my lovely readers. A lot of you asked me about the watercolor background I had on my nails yesterday. Since I have a bit of time on my hands, before starting school, I decided to make a small tutorial to show you how I achieve this look. It is really easy and you will only need a few essentials.
Here is the end result of this look. Scroll down to see my watercolor nails tutorial.
Things you will need:
- 2 nail polishes (I used pink and blue & yellow and pink) + white base polish
- nail polish remover
- flat nail art brush
- top coat
1. Start with a white base. One thick coat is enough, as it will only be a base for the next step. Don’t worry about any imperfections. They will not show.
2. Take your first nail polish color and dissolve it with nail polish remover or acetone. I put a drop of nail polish on a foil and then used my flat nail art brush to dissolve the polish to get a thin, watery color. Then make some random strokes on your nail. Don’t worry about any bumps that might appear on your nail (a good amount of top coat will smooth things out). Check the photo below to see how the dissolved nail polish look like.
3. Repeat step 2 with another color. Fill in white spaces as well as go over the pink polish to achieve purple color.
4. Add a good layer of your favorite top coat and place the studs. I got mine from The Born Pretty Store HERE.
This photo shows how the dissolved nail polish should look like. You can see that it’s very thin.
If you follow my blog, you know how obsessed I am with the studs! I am just loving these gold, round ones from The Born Pretty Store. They are such good quality studs. They are very even, without any chipping. It is also very easy to place them on your nail. All you have to do, is put a good amount of top coat on your nail and then kind of sink them in. I hope you know what I mean. I use my dotting tool, dipped in the clear polish, to pick the studs up. It’s much easier than trying to do it with tweezers.I have a feeling I will be using these studs for many more nail arts.
You can find a direct link to these studs HERE. They cost only $5.90 for the whole bag. There is so many of them inside that I will probably never use it all up. You can also use my discount code WRL91 to get 10% discount on your order. And of course FREE international shipping, as always.
Check out the rest of the pictures. They came out beautifully, as the weather was gorgeous today.
Do let me know if you like these watercolor nails and whether the tutorial was helpful at all. I am not so experienced at making pictorials, but I hope it was clear enough ;)